Chicago Sustainability Leaders Network (CSLN)
OUR VISION OF SUSTAINABILITY
- We promote an inclusive, justice-focused approach to sustainability that includes robust civic engagement, environmental health, human well-being, and community vitality for present and future generations.
- We value the diversity of Chicago's communities and build upon sustainable practices embedded in different cultures, honoring and learning from the past to adapt for the future.
- We understand that change happens at many scales—individual, community, and government—and every action fits together within interconnected global systems.
WHO WE ARE
- We are a diverse, intergenerational group engaged in sustainability initiatives across all of Chicago’s neighborhoods.
- We are passionate about creating positive change and strengthening communities in sustainable ways.
- We work on a wide variety of community issues using many different approaches.
- We are open and willing to share resources and information, learn from one another, and collaborate to build momentum for lasting change.
WHAT WE DO
- We connect and share resources to strengthen our work, broaden our perspectives, and expand our creativity.
- We build a stronger collective voice to maximize the impact of community-based wisdom on our own work and public policy.
- We nurture the space in-between community-driven initiatives and regional/municipal plans.
HOW WE WORK
- We spend time getting to know each other, respect each others’ voices, and support each other’s work.
- We share, learn, and work together at different locations throughout Chicago to appreciate first-hand the diversity that this city offers.
Get a printable PDF of this page!